If a contractor is Baeumler Approved, they are accredited by celebrity contractor Bryan Baeumler’s closely regulated program. If you are familiar with the ‘Holmes Referred’ program, the idea of Baeumler Approved is very similar. The aim of this program is to connect homeowners with reputable, reliable, highly qualified and customer oriented contractors.
Since this isn’t a typical accredited trade association, the Baeumler system has had to develop its own set of measurements and standards for contractors to live up to.
How a contractor becomes Baeumler approved
A contractor has to pay a fee to become a member of this organization. In doing so, they demonstrate a dedication to upholding the highest standards of service.
All contractors participating in this program must hold WSIB insurance. Upon acceptance into the program, the company signs a code of conduct, which is professionally binding, based on Bauemler’s principles.
In a very similar way to the Better Business Bureau, you can check a contractor you’re considering on http://www.baeumlerapproved.ca/ and see if there are any unresolved issues with them and past clients.
Baeumler code of conduct
All businesses holding Baeumler accreditation have agreed to abide by the code of conduct. This code of conduct includes:
- Agreement to treat customers and homeowners with courtesy and respect.
- A promise to always provide honest & fair written quotes.
- Dedication to communication of project status to the homeowner on a frequent basis.
- Completion of work to a professional standard.
- Guarantee to comply with all by-laws and regulations as they apply to the project.
- Commitment to provide employees with training required and complying with all health and safety regulations.
- Maintaining the proper amount of insurance.
- Agreement to always use a certified professional when and where applicable.
When there’s a complaint
Just like the BBB, complaints about a contractor are made public, and if not resolved, a company can even lose its accreditation.
If you’re looking to select a contractor – whether it be for home renovations, HVAC or something else—keep an eye out for the Baeumler Approved logo. It’s a quick way to know you’re looking at a reputable service provider.
Appleby Systems is proud to be Baeumler Approved, and believes strongly in the Bauemler Code of Conduct. You can talk to a member of our team about it, or anything else HVAC related, right here.