**Please note this rebate is no longer available**
Save money on home upgrades with GreenOn rebates.
Your family can save thousands of dollars on energy efficient home upgrades through the Green Ontario Fund (GreenOn).
Small changes can make a big impact on the environment, and the Ontario Government is willing to pay homeowners to make those changes.
What exactly can you get?
Your family can get a handful of GreenON rebates by working with a certified GreenON contractor (like us) and by completing the right home upgrades.
Some GreenOn rebates include:
- Up to $7,200 off insulation – upgrade your attic insulation, basement insulation and exterior wall insulation.
- Another $100 for air sealing your home (you have to do this at the same time as your insulation rebate).
- $500 in rebates per window (up to 10 windows), or a total of $5,000 when you upgrade to approved high performance windows. Window frames must be upgraded as well, to qualify for the rebate.
- Up to $5,800 for an air source heat pump (whether your home has existing ductwork or not).
- Up to $20,000 to install a home geothermal system.
- $100 back for your eligible smart thermostat purchase.
Your rebate varies depending on your region and the upgrades you make. You can contact us for specifics any time.
Details on the 3 most popular rebates.
Your new heat pump can cost significantly less with the help of available GreenOn rebates.
Want to know how much you can get back for the model you want?
For homes with existing ductwork (all units are Energy Star certified):
- $3,250 for a ducted air source heat pump.
- $5,500 for a cold climate ducted air source heat pump.
If your home doesn’t have an existing duct system (all units are Energy Star certified):
- $1,900 for a ductless air source heat pump.
- $2,500 for a ductless multiport air source heat pump exterior unit + 2 indoor units. Plus $250 for each additional interior unit, to a max of $4,250 – if this one seems confusing, give us a call and we’ll talk you through it.
- $2,500 for a cold climate ductless air source heat pump.
- $3,000 for the exterior unit and first two interior units of a cold climate ductless multiport air source heat pump. $400 for each additional interior unit, to a maximum of $5,800.
You can also get up to $7,200 off your insulation upgrade:
- $1 per square foot for upgrading your attic insulation. Max $1,500.
- $2 per square foot for upgrading your basement insulation. Max $1,900.
- $2 per square foot for upgrading your exterior wall insulation. Max $3,800.
Qualifying thermostats include:
- ecobee 4
- ecobee3 lite
- Nest Learning Thermostat
- Nest Thermostat E
Small changes don’t only impact the environment. They help you save money too. A more efficient heating and cooling system at home can save your family thousands of dollars over the next few years.
Heck, a smart thermostat alone can cut more than 20% off your heating and cooling expenses. If your household costs around $200 monthly to heat or cool, you’ll save more than $400 this year alone. The smart thermostat, with your $100 rebate, pays for itself in half a year. The savings over the next 10 are all yours.