Energy Star Grants and Government Incentives
Two large government-backed programs exist right now to help your family save thousands of dollars on energy-efficient home upgrades.
- Federal Government Green Grant Program
- The Home Reno Rebate Program
You can receive up to $5,600 in grants when you have energy-efficient retrofits implemented in your home.
You can get up to $5,000 back from Union Gas(Enbridge) with the Home Reno Rebate (we tell you the exact steps to follow for your Union Gas(Enbridge) rebate below).
Federal Government Green Grant
You can be eligible for up to $600 for the cost of the pre-and-post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluations and up to $5,000 total for the implementation of eligible retrofits. In total, you are eligible for up to $5,00 under this program.
Here’s How It Works
- Check to see if you are eligible for the grant. More information can be found here.
- Register and book your pre-retrofit evaluation with your energy advisor.
- Once you have received your EnerGuide evaluation, you can review and decide which retrofits work best for your budget and renovation plans.
- Book your post-retrofit evaluation. You can also apply for reinbursement at this time.
- Call a participating, certified energy advisor before starting your renovations.
- Complete your pre-reno energy assessment.
- Review your assessment and reno options with your advisor.
- Complete at least three of the eligible renovations with a reputable contractor (like us).
- Call your advisor to complete your post-reno assessment.
- You have an active Union Gas(Enbridge) account.
- You have a natural gas furnace or boiler.
- You own a detached or semi-detached home in central or southwestern Ontario.
Making your home more energy-efficient while saving more is possible!
Home Reno Rebates
The Home Reno Rebate Program is administered by your local gas utility. In Oakville, Burlington and Hamilton, that’s Union Gas(Enbridge).
You can get up to $5,000 back for upgrades that lower your energy bill, increase the value of your home and keep you comfortable all year.
How does it work?
Your advisor will collect and submit all the necessary paperwork to Union Gas(Enbridge) and you’ll get the rebate cheque within 60 days.
We recommend you get quotes from at least 3 reputable contractors.
You qualify if:
Get in touch with us to talk about your upgrades and the specific savings you can expect.
Your family can save thousands of dollars on heating and cooling over the next few years, enough to take that vacation you keep putting off!