Serving Halton region Burlington & Oakville, Mississauga, Hamilton, Ancaster, Dundas & Stoney Creek since 1967
Delivering home comfort from
our family to yours since 1967

Energy Star Grants and Government Incentives

Two large government-backed programs exist right now to help your family save thousands of dollars on energy-efficient home upgrades.

Energy Star Grants and Government Incentives

  • Federal Government Green Grant Program
  • You can receive up to $5,600 in grants when you have energy-efficient retrofits implemented in your home.

  • The Home Reno Rebate Program

You can get up to $5,000 back from Union Gas(Enbridge) with the Home Reno Rebate (we tell you the exact steps to follow for your Union Gas(Enbridge) rebate below).

Federal Government Green Grant

You can be eligible for up to $600 for the cost of the pre-and-post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluations and up to $5,000 total for the implementation of eligible retrofits. In total, you are eligible for up to $5,00 under this program.

Here’s How It Works

  • Check to see if you are eligible for the grant. More information can be found here.
  • Register and book your pre-retrofit evaluation with your energy advisor.
  • Once you have received your EnerGuide evaluation, you can review and decide which retrofits work best for your budget and renovation plans.
  • Book your post-retrofit evaluation. You can also apply for reinbursement at this time.
  • Making your home more energy-efficient while saving more is possible!

    Home Reno Rebates

    The Home Reno Rebate Program is administered by your local gas utility. In Oakville, Burlington and Hamilton, that’s Union Gas(Enbridge).

    You can get up to $5,000 back for upgrades that lower your energy bill, increase the value of your home and keep you comfortable all year.

    How does it work?

    • Call a participating, certified energy advisor before starting your renovations.
    • Complete your pre-reno energy assessment.
    • Review your assessment and reno options with your advisor.
    • Complete at least three of the eligible renovations with a reputable contractor (like us).
    • Call your advisor to complete your post-reno assessment.

    Your advisor will collect and submit all the necessary paperwork to Union Gas(Enbridge) and you’ll get the rebate cheque within 60 days.

    We recommend you get quotes from at least 3 reputable contractors.

    You qualify if:

    • You have an active Union Gas(Enbridge) account.
    • You have a natural gas furnace or boiler.
    • You own a detached or semi-detached home in central or southwestern Ontario.

    Get in touch with us to talk about your upgrades and the specific savings you can expect.

    Your family can save thousands of dollars on heating and cooling over the next few years, enough to take that vacation you keep putting off!

    Fast and Easy Ways to Save Money on Heating and Cooling Maintenance Fast and Easy Ways to Save Money onHeating and Cooling Maintenance Find Out More
Request a FREE In-Home Estimate Request a FREE In-Home Estimate* on Furnaces, Air Conditioners or Any HVAC Needs. Request a FREE In-Home Estimate*

*Only applicable for new equipment

Request a FREE
In-Home Estimate*