Energy Star Grants and Government Incentives
Two large government-backed programs exist right now to help your family save thousands of dollars on energy efficient home upgrades.
- The Home Reno Rebate Program
You can get up to $2,500 back from Union Gas with the Home Reno Rebate (we tell you the exact steps to follow for your Union Gas rebate below).
Home Reno Rebates
The Home Reno Rebate Program is administered by your local gas utility. In Oakville, Burlington and Hamilton, that’s Union Gas.
You can get up to $2,500 back for upgrades that lower your energy bill, increase the value of your home and keep you comfortable all year.
How does it work?
- Call a participating, certified energy advisor before starting your renovations.
- Complete your pre-reno energy assessment.
- Review your assessment and reno options with your advisor.
- Complete at least two of the eligible renovations with a reputable contractor (like us).
- Call your advisor to complete your post-reno assessment.
Your advisor will collect and submit all the necessary paperwork to Union Gas and you’ll get the rebate cheque within 60 days.
We recommend you get quotes from at least 3 reputable contractors.
You qualify if:
- You have an active Union Gas account.
- You have a natural gas furnace or boiler.
- You own a detached or semi-detached home in central or southwestern Ontario.
Get in touch with us to talk about your upgrades and the specific savings you can expect.
Your family can save thousands of dollars on heating and cooling over the next few years, enough to take that vacation you keep putting off!