When was Your Last Fireplace Maintaince Service?
For a limited time, receive $15 off when you book for service. Click here for details.
How is your fireplace working? Did you know that you need to upkeep it with fireplace maintenance services?
Most people don’t do anything to keep it operating efficiently until it’s too late. Most gas fireplace emergency repairs come in during the winter, when homeowners need the warmth most. Don’t wait until it’s too late to make sure your fireplace is in good working condition.
Book maintenance service every single year, before or just after the winter, to ensure a breakdown doesn’t cause you more stress during the coldest days of winter.
Automated Fireplace Maintenance Reminders to Ease Your Mind
Join our maintenance list, and we’ll remind you when it’s time to make an appointment.
It’s one of those chores you just have to take care of, but we can make it stress free. Many homeowners avoid preventative maintenance not realizing it can save you a lot of money and headache in the long run.
What Does Our Maintenance Service Include?
Keeping your unit operating efficiently and safely for you and your family is our specialty.
Gas fireplace maintenance consists of the following:
- Remove the glass and clean both sides with a special gas glass cleaner
- Check log set positioning (if incorrect, it will produce carbon)
- Vacuum logs and clean interior firebox
- Clean sensors, power pile and thermocouple and safety controls
- Check fan operation
- Check door gasket
- An inspection of low volt connections
- An inspection of the heat exchanger for cracks
- Clean burners and remove any spider webs
- Perform C.O. test and venting
Our visit includes a detailed examination of your system as a whole.
If, for example, the flame is yellow, it could mean too much carbon is present and will lead to dirty glass on your enclosure. This can be easily fixed by our technicians, and you’ll never miss the afternoons you spend cleaning the yellow stain off your fireplace enclosure (or looking at the yellow stain, but not really doing anything about it).
Skipping Service is Asking for Problems
- Improper operation of fireplace
- Poor fireplace performance and efficiency
- Severe sooting
- Build-up of spider webs in burners
- No ignition
Easy Maintenance Tips for Homeowners
- Ensure fireplace is off and cool before you attempt to clean
- Look for any signs of blockage, rust or other damage
- Wipe exterior down at least once per month wether in use or not, preventing build of dust that may be difficult to remove
- Check log placement. If incorrect or broken, call a certified technician before using fireplace again
- To relight your fireplace, follow all Manufacturer’s directions carefully
Following basic fireplace maintenance tips and getting an annual service is just one way to ensure that it is safe and ready for use each winter.
Call us today to schedule your fireplace maintenance service and catch any troubles before they get serious.